Saturday, July 27, 2013

What Kind Of Clothes Suit My Vertical Body Shape?

 
    I was watching an episode of America's Next Top Model and they were talking about body shapes and which types of clothes are best for that body shape. I think they described by body type as 'long torso'. I'm pretty tall for my age - 5 foot 5 - but I have pretty short legs. 


   In fact, my legs are the same height as most people are who shorter than me. When I describe it, it sounds weird, right...?

   It's called your vertical body shape.....
It's basically the proportion of your legs to your torso. Most men and women don't even consider it but some people come to notice that 'Hey, I've got a short tummy'.

    Basically, I have a long tummy which is good because it stretches everything out and I've got a flat tummy most of the time. So they say I should wear clothes they don't heighten my 'long torso' but things that make my legs look leaner and longer.

     Things like high waist shorts and skirts, crop tops and high waist jeans. And it was good advice because no one knows my legs are as short as I seem them. Here is the best illustration I found to explain. >>

   Nah, I'm kidding. If my torso was this long, I'd assume something was wrong - so very wrong. OK, I found one. Yes, I'm the middle one. Because I have short legs, I also have chunkier  bigger thighs. Some skinny jeans don't look as flattering on people like this. 

    If you're balanced like then it's great. It gives people the impression that your body is perfect and in proportion. If you have short legs and a long torso then you appear shorter even if your tall or average. If you have long legs and a short torso it tricks the mind into thinking that your taller even though you might not  be. 



    If your balanced, you can pretty much wear anything but your legs look considerably shorter in a midi dress. Maxi dresses and short dresses are best if you have this body shape.

   If you have short legs and a long torso like me then like I said, clothes that have a high waist look much more flattering and so do short skirts and dresses because they make your legs look longer and more lean. You can pretty much were anything for a top but crop tops look best as they emphasize your long and mostly flat tummy. They also make your tummy look shorter - if this is what you're aiming for.

   If you have long legs and a short tummy, you appear taller than everyone else. If you don't want this then midi skirts and dresses look better. You can pretty much wear anything but if you really what to convey your long legs than wear something shorter.


    Which one looks taller in this photo even though they are all the same height? The last one. The middle one seems shorter and the first one looks pretty normal. Not that the others aren't! It's kind of like an illusion. Oooohhh. This photo makes me sound really long now. My legs aren't that short! 

    Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope you found what you were looking for. Be sure to follow me on instagram: @tolu_adisa and on twitter (It's the same username as my instagram on just without the dash thingy). And subscribe below. Don't forget to comment on what you are and what you think are the best clothes for bodies like this? 

Thanks again! 



3 comments:

  1. I've got long legs and a short torso so people do think I'm tall even though I'm the same height as you! Great post btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Teach me how to wear and know my body well. BTW im the kind with balanced body, but i wish my leg can be longer lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a good post! I'm balanced. Vertically. Not so much horizontally lol.

    ReplyDelete